Tacchino

Tacchino

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Surprise

Usually, I try to get out for a bike ride as soon as I can on "my" day to ride. It can be a very bad thing when the start time gets put off and off, so I wasn't sure how things would go today.

It's Easter, so the day started with baskets for the kiddos, our household egg hunt (so much fun!), a big family breakfast (I stuck to a veggie scramble and skipped the french toast) and bubbles on the deck while dad put the baby down for her nap. So I didn't get out until 10 am.

So imagine my surprise when I had a great ride. Except for the terrible shape of Williamsburg Blvd, where I was almost certain I would flat, up near Glebe (though it looks like the county is working on it), it was a great ride all around. Quiet roads as it was Easter morning, lots of hills in North Arlington, a finished up on one of the best stretches of the bike trail for tempo work near our house, the section from Falls Church to Vienna.

All kinds of people are out doing epic rides this weekend, I guess, and that makes me a little self-conscious about my modest 2-3 hour weekend rides, but I try to remind myself that I am doing sprints this year, maybe an Oly. I don't need to do epic rides, which is good, because I don't have the time.

But this ride, though out the door from our house on neighborhood roads, this was a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment