Tacchino

Tacchino

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Skratch Much?

Last night Ignite Endurance got together and made a bunch of different portables recipes from the cookbooks to fuel our weekend activities and taste test a variety of different options. SkratchLabs is a team sponsor so we are all getting into it.

Our household made the fig honey rice cakes and the original rice cakes, which are delicious but I still can't seem to get them to stick well as a cake yet. Won't keep me from eating them. After tasting other creations, however, I will definitely be making the french toast cakes AND the macaroons sometime soon (doesn't worry me that Dave doesn't like coconut-less sharing, you know). 

We rarely do team events as a couple since it requires a babysitter, but we made it happen last night and had fun.

This morning I made the sweet rice porridge to fuel my 12 miler (in 80-some degrees pushing 90, but that's another story) and it was delicious! As I was making it, Ben asked for his "new favorite pancakes." You guessed it, from the Feed Zone cookbook. Finally, for dinner I made the sweet potato egg burritos, even though they are supposed to be a breakfast dish. Again, quite good, though I am left wondering what "liquid amino acids" are and where one gets them.

Basically, I'm getting my money's worth out of this cook book.

No comments:

Post a Comment