Tacchino

Tacchino

Friday, May 9, 2014

Race Week

I missed two race reports so I'll give the very shortest versions possible.

Shamrock half marathon: March - second fastest on record. Very pleased. Liked the tailwind on the way home. Ran near a guy in a purple oxford and a white linen suit much of the time.

Fountainhead BYB 5 Miler: April - Decided Spring isn't Spring without the Backyard Burn. Suffered, per usual at Fountainhead, but managed a 2nd AG, 3rd OA. Was beaten by a 12 year old.

This Sunday is Mother's Day and once again I am celebrating by racing Kinetic Sprint.

I feel totally unprepared. I was really happy with my running preparation through my 10k, but that was about 3 months ago and I kind of feel like it has fallen apart since then. And not just the running. Maybe it is because I haven't buckled down and written an actual plan since I finished the 10k plan (I KNOW, I know, just do it) but I somehow feel that I haven't been even training, even though I know I have.

Well - the good thing is, there isn't anything to do at this point other than eat well, try to get some sleep, and execute as well as possible on race day. I wouldn't say I am nervous, but I did admit to Dave tonight that I am terrified. I don't know why, because it hurts just as much no matter how fit you are - the only thing different is the time the clock stops.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment