Tacchino

Tacchino

Monday, November 5, 2012

Eating

In the past week I have not been happy with how my stomach feels. I haven't been sick or anything, I just have been feeling eh. Therefore, I have diagnosed myself as potentially maybe having some kind of allergy. Some adult onset allergy or intolerance? That happens, right? So, as an experiment, yesterday I started massively cutting back on gluten. My brother discovered a gluten intolerance later in life and says he felt much better after he stopped eating it.

Now, I am one of these people who loves bread. Toast for breakfast, toast for a snack, sandwiches, and that doesn't even count all the sneaky things gluten is in. But I had almost none yesterday (there was probably wheat in the crust of the farmer's market quiche I had for lunch), and I did not feel sick last night. This is hardly proof of anything and it may be that cutting bread just kept me eating a cleaner diet in general (and not availing myself of the pizza they served after my husband's race yesterday morning), but it isn't like I was totally clean. I had plenty of M&Ms at said race and Trader Joe's peanut butter cups upon returning home, but I am going to try to keep my gluten way down for the next couple of days and see how I feel.

What I really need to do, for the sake of speed and reclaiming my pre-baby wardrobe, is totally revamp my diet, but honestly, I can't figure out how to do it when trying to feed the munchkins and us and keep the house clean and get both of the adults in the household the workouts we need. Only how many years until the kids can be left alone in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment