Tacchino

Tacchino

Monday, November 12, 2012

Singletrack

I owe a race report from yesterday, but that has to wait. Because today a "free" holiday. That is work was closed, but daycare was open. So how did I spend the one day per year that this happens?

(Well, all morning I did errands and did all the cleaning I always put off. Yes, I'm talking about vacuuming the stairs, cleaning bathrooms, bathroom mirrors, and bath toys-you get the idea. Let's skip to the afternoon: )

Fountainhead.  (Mountain biking park, not Ayn Rand book.)

It was a gorgeous late fall day with temperatures in the high 60s, so I pulled out my mountain bike, unused these 9 months for some reason, and hit the new trails they have built at one of our local parks. Despite my legs being disproportionally fatigued last night in relation to the length of my cross race, biking definitely sounded like a good idea.

I can't think of a nicer way to spend such an afternoon than out in the woods, so this was perfect. Trails were swoopy and challenging, and it only took me a couple of miles to remember how the shifters on the mountain bike work.

Now I am going to have to find a way to get out there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment